Tokyo Travel Guide
Average Time: 5 hours
Distance: 5 km
About the Place – Kawagoe Castle & Hikawa Shrine
Kawagoe city is located in Saitama prefecture, north of Tokyo.
The city is often called “Little Edo” after the old name of Tokyo because there are many historical buildings remained.
One of the important historical buildings is Honmaru Palace. It’s a residential building of Kawagoe Castle, which was built in 1848.
Hikawa shrine is famous for a local festival, which held in October. In the festival, many decorated floats parade on the streets around the shrine.
The city is also known as “Art Town”. Many artist comes from this city. There are some nice memorial art museums around this area.
You can visit both historical buildings and art museums on this course.
1. Kawagoe Station 川越駅
2. Kawagoe Tour Industrial Center 小江戸蔵里
3. Kawagoe Kumano Shrine 川越熊野神社
4. Taisho Roman Dream Street 大正浪漫夢通り
5. Yamazaki Old House 旧山崎家別邸
6. Yamazaki Museum 山崎美術館
7. Kawagoe Old Town 蔵造り通り
8. Choki-in Temple 長喜院
9. Hattori Folk Museum 服部民俗資料館
10. Historical Clock Tower 時の鐘
11. Kawagoe Kurazukuri Museum 川越市蔵造り資料館
12. Ranzan Memorial Art Museum 蘭山記念美術館
13. Yoju-in Temple 養寿院
14. Candy Street 菓子屋横丁
15. Site of the Moat 川越城中ノ門堀跡
16. Kawagoe Castle Honmaru Residence 川越城本丸殿
17. Kawagoe City Museum 川越市立博物館
18. Kawagoe Art Museum 川越市立美術館
19. Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine 川越氷川神社
20. Shingashi Riverbed Cherry Blossoms 新河岸川の桜
21. Yaoko Kawagoe Museum (Yuji misu Memorial Hall) ヤオコー川越美術館
22. Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine Bus Stop 川越氷川神社バス停
We hold various events and activities like; Language Exchang…